28 December 2010

Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake

I wanted to make something special for my dad's 60th birthday. Something that I hadn't made before, so it would be a surprise.

It took me a while to find this recipe that was both appealing in taste and appearance. A flour-less mousse cake made with dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and white chocolate. For this cake, no expense was spared; I splurged on Valrhona chocolate.


On my dad's birthday, we treated him to a sumptuous 8-course dinner at a fancy restaurant, and ended it with a special 9th course - my Triple Choc Mousse Cake!

The restaurant was dim, so no nice pictures of the cake's inside were taken.  But I have a picture from my trial cake earlier this month. You'll see the 3 distinct layers of chocolate. 


The recipe looks tedious, but it's really quite easy once you get down to reading it. And the taste is worth the effort!  

Click HERE for the recipe.

8 comments:

j3ss kitch3n said...

wow this is finger licking good! happy birthday to your dad NEL!

MaryMoh said...

Wow....this looks rich and delicious! Happy Birthday to your dad! I'm sure he is very happy! :) I'm sure you made him so proud of you!

Unknown said...

What a trea, what a dinner. The layers are just perfect and the top is fantastic

Passionate About Baking said...

The layers sure looked very distinct and pretty! Beautiful mousse cake. Happy birthday to your dad!

The Sweetylicious said...

the layers are so beautifully done and is not messy at all. YUMMY! (:

NEL, the batter baker said...

@j3ss
@MaryMoh
@Jennifurla
@Jane
@Sweetylicious

Thank you all for your lovely comments. I hope you'll give this recipe a try. If you love chocolate, this is one of the best ways to indulge. Happy New Year and have a wonderful 2011 :)

DG said...

Beautiful layer mousse cake! and Happy new Year 2011 to you :)

Tania Kline said...

Appreciate this blog posst

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!