19 September 2010

Raspberry Jam Cheesecake

Here it is, my fellow bakers... the 2nd cheesecake of the week. 
This is a really simple yet attractive cake for any party!

With a Digestives crust, just bake a basic cheesecake (recipe here), and let it chill overnight in the fridge. For the jam topping, just take about 1/2 cup of your favourite jam, add a couple of tsp of water (unless your jam is already runny), and warm it up till it's a more liquid consistency.  Pour over the top of your cheesecake and smoothen with a spatula if necessary. Back into the fridge it goes for at least half hour to set.

If you fancy, you could even dress it with fresh fruit. Have a go!






5 comments:

Bakericious said...

looks delicious.

Bakertan said...

hey eelin,

I will prefer a jam layer like this over a jelly layer anytime. its mirror-like and is a good idea for dressing up any plain looking cheesecakes. nice job there!

WendyinKK said...

I love that raspberry layer!!!
Reminds me of Secret Recipe's Raspberry Yogurt Cheesecake!!!!
And right now, I have raspberry jam... Maybe I should do this soon.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous job

NEL, the batter baker said...

Hey you all,
Thanks for dropping by and showing your support. Means alot to me :)
Hope to see you all try this out and post on your blog.

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!