21 September 2010

Looks are deceiving...

Remember my Eggless Double Choc Chip Cupcakes?
I revisited this recipe today 'cos I had such a crappy day at work, I felt I needed a treat to cheer myself up.

Using my new silicone moulds in various shapes - round, heart, triangle, star - I quickly whipped up this batter and gleefully poured them in the moulds. After 15 minutes in the oven, and what seemed like the longest 20 minutes waiting for them to cool down, I finally sank my teeth into a soft, fluffy, chocolatey star shaped piece.  

Okay, feeling a little better now :)

And in all honesty, they really do taste better than they look. 


Damn, I really need a new camera.




9 comments:

WendyinKK said...

The dark chocolatey colour looked so so convincingly good to me, and if they taste better than they looked, gosh, they sure tasted like heaven!!!

NEL, the batter baker said...

Wendy,
Thanks for your kind words :) I'm just glad it turned out tasting quite nice. At least still can be eaten.
I must try to improve on my presentation. Much to learn from fellow baking bloggers like yourself. You all have really good presentation and photography skills.

DG said...

I can hardly say NO to the chocolate cakes. Yours look yummy & seems easy to make, I should try this! Thanks for sharing :)

Happy Mid-Autum Festival!

NEL, the batter baker said...

DG,
This is one of the easiest and quickest recipes I've ever come across. No need for a mixer, no whisk, no sieve, and very few utensils used. (This means less washing!) Cooking time is also very short. You must try! And hope to see your post soon.

For a healthier option (and supposedly more moist), replace half the oil with same amount of applesauce. (I read this tip from several authors.) I've not tried this myself, but will soon, when I get down to opening that can of applesauce sitting in my cupboard...

Pam said...

Your cookies look great! I'm new here and see lots of good things to look at. Love that cheesecake below!

NEL, the batter baker said...

Hi Pam,
Thanks for stopping by :)
Hope to hear from you more often in future.
Cheers! And have great day.

Bakericious said...

Nel, I can hardly say no to chocolate cake, hmmm shd b can never hahaha... looks delicious, give me some any time.

Anonymous said...

whr did u buy those lovely silicone cups?

NEL, the batter baker said...

Hi Anonymous,
I got them from ebay :) It was quite some time ago, so I can't recall the seller name. But you can search silicone bakeware or the similar and you will see a lot of options.

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!