06 September 2010

Mini Pound Cakes

with Cranberries & Pumpkin Seeds

I couldn't wait to try out my new mini bundt mould, and I was craving for pound cake. So without further hesitation, I whipped up some pound cake batter and into the bundt mould it went. 


(A)
90g butter (I used butter-flavoured Crisco + 3 tsp water)
30g sugar
pinch of salt
90ml condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 small eggs (45g each)

(B) 
90g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
cranberries and pumpkin seeds (a big handful of each)

1 - Cream all of (A) except eggs till light and fluffy.
2 - Add eggs one at a time. Mix till well combined.
3 - Add all of (B) and mix till batter is smooth.
4 - Bake for 170 degC for 16-18 min till done.

Four simple steps!
Can it get any easier?




6 comments:

Bakericious said...

the mini pound cakes are so cute, looks yummy too

NEL, the batter baker said...

Thanks, Jess :)
They didn't turn out quite as defined as I'd hoped. I'll have to keep trying other recipes till I find one that really brings out the contours of the mould.

Also not sure how the Crisco substitute will turn out. I was experimenting. Hope it doesn't make the cake too dry.

KL said...

How pretty!!!

ann low said...

I like these cute mini pound cakes. They look so pretty and delicious.

WendyinKK said...

With cranberries and pumpkin seeds, good!!!
At first I tought red and green glace cherries.

Sometimes, I crave for pound cakes too. Sometimes so much that I can't sleep until I make it. So bad!!!!

Unknown said...

So cute ! :)

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!