18 September 2010

Mocha Marble Cheesecake

This week is cheesecake week.

Cheesecake #1 - Mocha Marble Cheesecake (special order from a relative)
Cheesecake #2 - Raspberry Cheesecake (for a potluck party)



The recipe is not complicated. All you need is the basic cheesecake recipe, divide the batter in 2 parts, and add the following into one part:
- 90g chocolate
- 2 tsp instant coffee powder
- about 4-5 tbs whipping cream
(combine all the above till smooth bain marie)
*Note: This amount was used for a 3-egg recipe. 




The tedious part is the marbling; but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty quick. Alternate spoonfuls of each batter into the middle of the pan. (This is how you get the kueh lapis-like layers at the side.) When all the batter is in the pan, use a chopstick and drag it through the batter in any pattern you fancy. Be careful not to overdo it, or the colours will combine altogether. 




Have fun!


Look out for my next post on the Raspberry Cheesecake.....



9 comments:

Joyti said...

Wow, it looks beautiful! You did a really great job with the 'marbling'. Very pretty and consistent.

Bakericious said...

I love the marble effect, very pretty.

Unknown said...

I bow down to this pice of art/cake!

NEL, the batter baker said...

Indie.Tea, Jess, and Jennifurla,
Thanks for your kind words. I'm still a novice at marbling. Will have to try the flowers and hearts pattern some day. Hope to see some marbling attempts from you too :)

DG said...

Marvelous marble effect. Love it :)

hanushi said...

Nice marbling!!!

Blessed Homemaker said...

I like your marble effect!

NEL, the batter baker said...

DG, Hanushi, and Blessed Homemaker,
Thanks for stopping by. I don't know if I could ever replicate this again. LOL.
Cross my fingers and toes that I can, or perhaps create a nicer pattern :)

Blessed Homemaker said...

I'm sure you can, very lovely!

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!