~~~Almond Crackle Log~~~
~with fresh blueberries and rum infused raisins in rich chocolate cream~
- 70g almond meal
- 4 egg whites
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Chocolate butter cream
- Preheat oven at 150 degree Celsius.
- Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks and gradually add sugar, one tablespoon at a time.
- Whisk until stiff and glossy.
- Fold in almond meal, cocoa powder, cornstarch and vanilla essence.
- Bake for 40 minutes until meringue is set and lightly golden.
- Lay a large sheet of baking paper on a work surface and invert the cooked meringue on top.
- Peel off the baking paper and set aside to cool.
- Prepare filling of choice and spread filling evenly over the meringue.
- Gently roll up the meringue. Cut into slices and serve.
Recipe is adapted from Hazelnut Crackle Log from the book "Food for Friends - Desserts. Easy Recipes. Techniques. Ingredients.", by Murdoch Books.