24 July 2010

Banana Cake Muffins

I had 1 egg left in the tray and 1 banana leftover from my Banana Chocolate Cake sitting all alone in the freezer....

Perfect for a banana cake muffin! So called because the recipe is actually for a banana sponge cake, but since I don't have a small 6" pan, I used my muffn pan instead. And what I ended up with was soft fluffy banana muffins.

This recipe is so simple, all it takes is a few utensils (aka less washing up) and 10 minutes to put everything together. 30 minutes later, sink your teeth into your bake!

the wet stuff:
1 egg
75g sugar
1 tbs condensed milk (or maple syrup)
1 tbs milk (or cream / yoghurt / sour cream)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
90ml oil
1 banana

the dry stuff:
125g flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

1 - Beat egg and sugar till light and creamy. (I just used a balloon whisk, but you can use a mixer if you're in the mood for more washing.)

2 - Add the rest of the wet stuff and mix well.

3 - Combine dry stuff and sift into wet stuff. Fold gently with balloon whisk till just moistened.

4 - Pour into baking pan. Bake at 160 degC for about 20 min, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.




I drizzled some of the leftover chocolate from my Almond Cointreau Cheesecake, and promptly tucked into the muffin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!