14 January 2011

Hazelnut Marble Pound Cake


Another pound cake.  Another marble cake.
This time, I replaced half of the butter with margarine.  It was a risk, but it worked out great!
The cake had a richer flavour than just plain butter.

And today, instead of plain ol' vanilla extract, I used hazelnut syrup.  I found this in the coffee & tea section at the supermarket.  Intrigued, I picked up a bottle. (It's great for flavouring coffee, tea and hot chocolate too!)

RECIPE for a mini loaf:
55g margarine (I used Planta)
55g butter
90g sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp hazelnut syrup
1/4 tsp salt
85g flour
10g cocoa powder, dissolved with 2 tbs hot water

Beat margarine, butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
Add eggs, hazelnut syrup and salt and beat till well incorporated.
Fold in flour till just combined.

Divide batter to two parts.
Add cocoa mixture into one part and mix well.

Alternately scoop batters into baking pan.
Create a marbled effect by running a knife through the batter.
Bake at 160*C for 40-45 min till a skewer comes out clean.




9 comments:

Wen said...

Love the marbling! I almost can smell the nutty and richness from my screen!

j3ss kitch3n said...

your marbling effects is simply fabulous!!

DG said...

Another beautiful marble swirl from you. This looks really moist and yummy.

KL said...

Looks so yummy! I would first eat the yellow .. then the brown. :)

mr. pineapple man said...

looks amazingly delicious!!!! lovin the blog!

CaThY said...

Very nice swirl effect~ thumbs up :)

busygran said...

Woah! I'm like salivating just looking at the pics. But I'm resisting the urge to bake it! I'll save it for another time.

hanushi said...

Nice swirl.. Must be very yummy...

Marloes said...

I was taking a look around on your blog, everything looks so delicious! I'll definitely try this one out!

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!