14 August 2010

Condensed Milk Pound Cake ~ the real Sara Lee?

I hope you guys have enjoyed the pictorial approach to my recipes.  I'm not much of a words person; my brain thinks in pictures and colours, and those are so much easier for me than words.  

Earlier this evening, I indulged in a new table runner - and here on this blog it makes its debut.  
What do you think of it?



This recipe was inspired by Baking Fiend's Condensed Milk Pound Cake, who declared it "definitely a good recipe"!  And after giving my shot at it, I'd say too that it's definitely a good recipe.
This one's a keeper.





TIP:
I added a handful of raisins into the batter, but they all sank to the bottom.  If you are adding raisins, try sprinkling it on top of the batter instead.


6 comments:

Swee San said...

Hi.. to prevent the raisins from sinking to the bottom, you can toss raisins with flour before mixing into the batter.
:)

NEL, the batter baker said...

hi Swee San,
yup, I've read that somewhere before, but always forget... next time I'll try to remember :) Thanks!

Unknown said...

I love ti, wish I could have slice

Bakericious said...

Nel, I always toss raisins with some flour b4 mixing to the batter, it helps, next time you can try it.

I nvr bake pure "condensed milk" pound cake b4, instead I replaced condensed milk with dulce de leche, I agreed with you that is a good recipe :)

WendyinKK said...

NEL,
I totally agree with you. I've tried bakingfiend's recipe too, and I simply love it. It's in my blog too.

Yummy Bakes said...

This cake looks nice and soft. I shall book mark this.

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!